Luck is the crossroads where opportunity and preparedness meet.
Sometimes people think of opportunity as something that simply comes to certain people,
and blame their misfortunes on bad luck.
I have found that opportunity manifests itself in all that is considered mundane.
It takes discipline for consistency and patience to understand that doing a bunch of little things right, will take you farther than the guy/girl that you believe is already ahead.
Opportunity really comes to those who position themselves for it.
The easiest way to do this is probably the most overlooked; being nice to all the people you encounter.
“Someone is always watching”.
Where do most fail?
By not having anyone to be nice to
- You can’t be nice if you have no one to be nice to. Get out in the world and step outside of yourself for a second. Experience the world and its gifts which are in all the people, places and encounters you come across; finding out where you fit in this place we inhabit.
By dismissing the mundane as unimportant.
- It is what will keep you grounded and your character in check.
the greatest irony of love:
loving the right person at the wrong time,
having the wrong person when the time is right
and finding out you love someone
right after that person walks out of your life.
and sometimes, you think you’re already over a person,
but when you see them smile at you,
you’ll suddenly realize that you’re just pretending to be over them
just to ease the pain of knowing that they will never be yours again.
for some, they think that letting go
is one way of expressing how much you love the person..
in my opinion, some are afraid to see the one they love
being held by someone else.
most relationships tend to fail
not because the absence of love.
love is always present.
it’s just that one was being loved too much
and the other was being loved too little.
as we all know that the heart is the center of the body
but it beats on the left.
maybe that’s the reason why the heart is not always right.
most often, we fall in love with the person we think we love
but to only discover that for them,
we are just for past times.
while the one who truly loves us
remains either a friend or a stranger.
so here’s a piece of advice:
let go when you’re hurting too much.
give up when love isn’t enough,
and move on when things are not like before.
for sure, there is someone out there who will love you even more.”
When you were born, you didn’t come with an owner’s manual; these guidelines make life work better.
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it’s the only thing you are sure to keep for the rest of your life.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called “Life on Planet Earth”. Every person or incident is the Universal Teacher.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of experimentation. “Failures” are as much a part of the process as “success.”
4. A lesson is repeated until learned. It is presented to you in various forms until you learn it — then you can go on to the next lesson.
5. If you don’t learn easy lessons, they get harder. External problems are a precise reflection of your internal state. When you clear inner obstructions, your outside world changes. Pain is how the universe gets your attention.
6. You will know you’ve learned a lesson when your actions change. Wisdom is practice. A little of something is better than a lot of nothing.
7. “There” is no better than “here”. When your “there” becomes a “here” you will simply obtain another “there” that again looks better than “here.”
8. Others are only mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another unless it reflects something you love or hate in yourself.
9. Your life is up to you. Life provides the canvas; you do the painting. Take charge of your life — or someone else will.
10. You always get what you want. Your subconscious rightfully determines what energies, experiences, and people you attract — therefore, the only foolproof way to know what you want is to see what you have. There are no victims, only students.
11. There is no right or wrong, but there are consequences. Moralizing doesn’t help. Judgments only hold the patterns in place. Just do your best.
12. Your answers lie inside you. Children need guidance from others; as we mature, we trust our hearts, where the Laws of Spirit are written. You know more than you have heard or read or been told. All you need to do is to look, listen, and trust.
13. You will forget all this.
14. You can remember any time you wish.
(From the book “If Life is a Game, These are the Rules” by Cherie Carter-Scott)
You stop for a moment,
and you get to see things as they actually are.
But we stop for nothing, not today.
We’d rather see what our eyes allow us to in this fast paced place,
and manage to miss so much.
Basic, simple principles like respect and compassion
for all those people your passing.
They too have a name, they just may not know it.
And you say you care; have spare change,
but got too much pride your afraid to show it.
Good thing your have 2 feet to walk.
But to follow those infront of you who choose to speed-walk past all things in life that make you feel uncomfortable.
Who knew being cordial to a fellow human being would be considered so.
Seems like were too busy to have any morals.
Walking like you have somewhere to be.
Literally tuned out, walking with your head down.
God forbid someone looks at you or even acknowledges your existence on this earth enough to say “hi” to you.
You walk with your head so far down you down you cant really know where your going,
or see that your passing someone you call your friend.
But yet so quick to cancel on that same friend over a text because you know that they can see right through you and would call your bluff.
All for what? A good time similar to ones you’ve had before, and will again soon after?
No. Because your selfish and just dont give a fuck!
Don’t call it something that it’s not.
Just slow down for once.
Stop for a moment and take in life as it is.
Appreciate its raw beauty,
all things and people in it,
with you. Not around you.
So you have this question right;
this question in the back of your mind.
you dont pay it too much mind because its locked in a place for no one to find.
Unless you want it to be found,
but then that one question turns into a series of queries to which you dont have all the answers for.
So much for the whole 21 questions game,
Because trying to answer this question leaves you answering the question with another question which gets you nowhere.
But you like to flirt with the idea though.
To actually find the right words to answer that question would take away its faint pleasure.
And so you forget about it this time, and leave it to the back of your mind,
to ask yourself at a later point in time.